What happens when your doctor orders a test?
- During your visit, your doctor decides that further testing is needed. What happens next?
- We contact your insurance company and get authorization to schedule the test.
- Due to insurance company policies and procedures, approval can take 1-30 days to receive approval.
- In many instances, the notes from your visit are required to gain approval for tests. This may take 24-48 hours after your visit to allow the doctor to dictate his notes and have them transcribed.
- Once we have an authorization number – we schedule with the facility.
- We then contact you with the date, time, and place of the test.
- We will also make your follow-up appointment with your doctor to discuss the test results unless other follow-up has been arranged with the physician.