Joey Carter, MD
Learn More about Joey Carter, MD
Dr. Carter is a Board-Certified Orthopedic Surgeon with interests in general orthopedics, arthroscopy, total knee arthroplasty, and general fracture care. He has practiced with Bayside Orthopaedic since 2000 and joined Gulf Orthopaedics in 2023.
Mississippi State University – Doctorate of Veterinary Medicine
University of Mississippi School of Medicine, Jackson, MS
Orthopedic Surgery – University of Mississippi Medical Center, Jackson, MS
Professional Certifications and Affiliations
- American Board of Orthopedic Surgery
- Fellow of American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons (FAAOS)
- Alabama Orthopedic Society
- Alabama Orthopedic Foot Society
- Infirmary Physician Alliance Board of Directors
- Physician Representative to the Thomas Hospital Advisory Board
- Thomas Hospital Medical Executive Committee and Peer Review Committee
Joey has been a lifelong athlete and today enjoys the training aspects of triathlon, jujitsu, and weightlifting.