Jay Savage, MD
Learn More About Jay Savage, MD
Dr. Savage is a Fellowship Trained and Board-Certified orthopaedic surgeon, specializing in joint replacement and sports-related injuries. He is experienced in direct anterior hip replacement surgery, joint preservation surgery as well as robotic assisted knee replacement surgery. Dr. Savage’s career focus on sports injuries includes time as assistant team physician for the LA Galaxy and Pepperdine University during his fellowship at Santa Monica Orthopedic Group. Today you’ll find him on the sidelines with Bayside Academy, as longtime team physician to the Admirals. Dr. Savage helped bring robotic-assisted joint replacement surgery to Baldwin County with the Stryker Mako at South Baldwin Regional Hospital in 2018. He also performs robotic joint replacement with Depuy Velys robotic assisted surgery at Thomas Hospital. He continues to seek the most innovative leading-edge treatment techniques and enjoys helping patients with strategies to improve their overall health, physical activity, and longevity. Dr. Savage joined Gulf Ortho in the 2023 merger with Bayside Orthopaedic Sports Medicine & Rehab.
Auburn University, Auburn, AL
University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Orthopaedic Surgery – University of Alabama at Birmingham, Birmingham, AL
Santa Monica Orthopaedic & Sports Medicine, Santa Monica, CA
- American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery (ABOS)
- Fellow – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- Arthroscopy Association of North America
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Mobile Bay Magazine 40 Under 40 – Class of 2019. This honor recognizes those under age 40 demonstrating leadership, professional excellence, and a commitment to community.
Born and raised in Mobile, Dr. Savage began practice in 2013. He and wife Jessica live in Fairhope and are proud parents of three. Outside the office Dr Savage enjoys time with his family, running, fishing and obstacle course racing.