Gary Thomas Hodge, II
Learn More About Gary Thomas Hodge, II
Dr. Sonny Hodge is a Fellowship Trained orthopaedic surgeon, with a focus on primary care sports medicine. He specializes in non-operative care including injury diagnosis, rehabilitation, manual treatment techniques, and orthobiologics.
Dr. Hodge is a graduate of Mississippi College with a Bachelor of Science in Biology and Medical Science. He earned his MD from the University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Medicine, and completed his residency in Family Medicine at St. Vincent’s East in Birmingham, AL. As team physician, Dr. Hodge worked with elite athletes from the basketball court to baseball and football fields, including the University of Alabama Crimson Tide.
The Mississippi native joined Gulf Orthopaedics in August 2023, after completing a Fellowship in Sports Medicine with the Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center in Birmingham, AL.
Mississippi College, Clinton, MS
University of Mississippi Medical Center School of Medicine, Jackson, MS
Family Medicine – St. Vincent’s East, Birmingham, AL
Andrews Sports Medicine and Orthopaedic Center, Birmingham, AL
- American Orthopaedic Society for Sports Medicine (AOSSM)
- Fellow – American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS)
- Alabama Orthopaedic Society
- American Association of Hip & Knee Surgeons
Sports Medicine Coverage/ Team Physician
- University of Alabama
- Samford University Basketball, Men and Women
- Birmingham-Southern College Basketball, Men and Women
- University of West Alabama
- Birmingham Barons
- Briarwood Christian School
- Oak Mountain High School
- Volunteer Physician, M-Power Ministries (2019-2022)
Sonny met his wife Bonnie in medical school, and today she is a dermatologist in Fairhope. Along with baby Walker, the family enjoys fishing, golf, and anything outdoors.